New version of OGBot was released, with nice features as usuall, but also with a surprise this time.
The compiled Windows version of the bot is no longer free. Source versions are still free, and I hope it will stay that way.
If you downloaded the latest compiled beta (which was virus free, yay!), you might get a message saying it's expired.
If you want the full benefits, you will have to pay now. The cost is 1-2 € depending on your country.
In my opinion, it's a small price to pay for what it has to offer (copied from OGBot news):
- Support for new OGame login page.
- Login loop fixed.
- Added random delays to simulate human behavior
- Configurable deuterium source planet
- Espionage reports can be copied to clipboard by right-clicking.
- Added chinese, danish, russian and dutch languages.
- New plugin system.
- Harder to detect by game admins.
- A lot less espionages are neccesary, hence less overall activity.
- Before attacks only one probe is sent.
- Much faster inactive planets search.
- Reserved slots are no longer filled with senseless espionages.
- Attacks and espionages from planets with no probes or cargos are deactivated for a while.
- Rush mode at midnight (attack new inactive planets as they are found if they are very rentable).
- Option to stop attacks before midnight, in order to free slots for rush mode.
- Daily inactives scan is now done ASAP each day.
- Any available cargo type is sent if the selected type of attacking fleet is not available.
- Source planet and last espionage time are now shown in the main window.
- Internal algorithms rewritten.
- Minor changes and fixes.
- New translation item added in language files.
Also, the Google Discussion Group is now moved to a new forum. It seems much more convenient this way.
Hopefully now when the bot is no longer free, Kovan will update more often and make it even better than it is.