Version 2 of Kovan's OGBot was released a few days ago.
I wrote about it before but there are some cool new features:
- Now which planet will be attacked next is determined by a resource simulator that sorts target planets by quantity of potentially produced resources since last attack, and also taking distance into account.You can check out some screenshots or simply download it and try for yourself.
- Possibility to choose which planet or planets are source of attacks. Moons are also allowed.
- Multi-language support. By now Spanish, English and Italian are included with the bot. To add one language just put the .ini file in the languages directory. Non-occidental languages should work also.
- Command line switch to have different configuration sets at once (example: --workdir uni18).
- Increases number of sent espionage probes until defense or buildings information is achieved.
- Redesigned user interface.
It's great work I must admit, and suprisingly free, but I'd like a few more features. First, auto fleet save when you're attacked, preferably with some sort of alarm (sound, e-mail) - sending your fleet and resources 2 minutes before the attack arrives, slowed down to 10% for less deut usage. Second, and very important, the bot should always leave 1 free fleet slot in case you get attacked. It might also be useful to alert when you receive a private message.
I tested it on ogame.org, and it didn't work at first. It just kept spying the planets and didn't send any attacks, and later, when I deleted the espionage database and changed attack radio (should be radius I guess) the bot was only spying one planet (although 6 more inactive planets were in range) and still no attacks were sent. Logs didn't help. Later on, I changed attack radio to 0 and it finally sent a couple of attacks. Anyway, I think I figured out what caused the issue: the planet it kept spying had a much higher level of espionage technology than me; the bot keeps spying until fleet and buildings can be seen but 16 probes wasn't enough. The attacks are on their way so I guess I won't be seeing any new issues ;) ... Oh, that reminds me, Launch web browser button ain't working for me. Hopefully it's only me.
I'm already looking forward to the new version, perhaps then I'll reconsider and start cheating.
Do you have any suggestions or features you would like to see in newer versions?